ABI Business Services Limited trading as V4 Telecom Terms Of Business
What is the effect of these terms and conditions?
These terms and conditions and any applicable V4 Telecom charges (altogether the 'Terms') set out the legal relationship and the agreement between you and ABI Business Services Limited, company number 08865269 whose registered office is at 1st Floor, Cash's Business Centre, 228 Widdrington Road, Coventry CV1 4PB trading as V4 Telecom ('us', 'we')).
These Terms set out the basis on which we will provide goods and services to you and the way in which you may use the goods and services which we provide. Please read through these terms and conditions carefully.
You agree, either by accepting these Terms on our Website or by signing an Order Form or upon delivery of the relevant Terms to you, to be bound by these Terms.
Definitions used within these Terms.
- 'Broadband Service' means the provision of fixed line high speed access to the internet in the United Kingdom.
- 'Equipment' means any equipment, hardware or other physical devices either loaned to you or purchased by you as the case may be.
- 'Fee or Fees' mean fees for our Services and/or services owed by you to us in accordance with these Terms.
- 'Leased Line Service' means our service providing Ethernet in the first mile and leased lines.
- 'Mobile Service' means our service providing mobile call services, messaging services (including email, fax, voicemail, text message, multimedia messaging and similar), storage services, age restricted services, premium services (international calling and international roaming) and SIMs but excluding any other Equipment such as mobile handsets.
- 'Order Form' means the document (electronic or otherwise) signed by you which sets out Services to be supplied by us under these Terms.
- 'Service(s)' means (as applicable) our Telephony Service, Mobile Service, Broadband Service, Leased Line Services and associated hardware, equipment, maintenance and support services, and such other services as are agreed in your Order Form or on our Website or as we may agree to provide to you with from time to time..
- 'SIMs' means cards which contain your phone numbers and enable you to access the Mobile Services.
- 'Telephony Service' means our service providing standard fixed line telephony or Voice over IP ('VoIP') telephony but excluding the Mobile Service.
- 'Website' means our website address at www.v4telecom.co.uk or any subsequent website address notified to you.
- 'You' means the customer of our Services.
How do you order V4 Telecom Services?
Our Services are available placing an order using the online order process or by signing and returning a written Order Form. You must be at least 18 years old when you place your order with us.
If you have an existing service with current provider, you may be required to contact them in order to migrate your services to us. We'll let you know what you need to do. Please note that your current provider may charge cancellation fees or other charges in connection with the termination of your current service contract.
When ordering our Services, you must provide a valid email address and you are responsible for maintaining and regularly checking this email address. You can update details of your email address by letting us know. We'll use this email address to contact you for all purposes under these Terms.
Once you have placed your order, we'll let you know that it has been received. Do bear in mind that by placing your order you are making an offer to enter into a contract with us for the purchase of the relevant Services from us under these Terms, the terms of your order, and any other terms specified by us. We'll acknowledge receipt of your order and contact you if we are able to accept your offer. Upon our acceptance of your order you enter into a contract with us for the purchase of the particular Services and Equipment.
You agree that we can immediately start work on the technical and operational elements required for the provision of the Services and Equipment upon the issuance of our order acceptance. At the time of acceptance we'll provide you with further details of when we expect to be able to process your order. If we have begun work on your order, but you decide to cancel your order, we may require you to pay us an amount proportionate to any services which we have provided to you up until the cancellation date.
Please be advised that by placing an order, you agree that we, or third parties acting on our behalf, may carry out credit checks on you using the information that you provide.
What Equipment does V4 Telecom provide?
In most cases the Equipment that you order on the Order Form or through our Website will be provided by a third party hire purchase company and you will enter into a contract directly with them to lease the Equipment. You will be informed whether the Equipment is being provided by V4 or a third party on the lease agreement. Where we provide any Equipment without cost directly to you, we agree to loan the Equipment to you for as long as you continue to receive the Services under these Terms. Risk shall pass to you upon delivery but the Equipment shall remain our property and you agree to suitably insure it while it is loaned to you.
Where you purchase Equipment from us, risk shall pass to you upon delivery but the Equipment shall remain our property until such time as payment is received in full in respect of the Equipment. We shall have no liability in respect of Equipment lost or damaged in transit unless and until you note such loss or damage within 5 working days of delivery or expected delivery.
Upon termination of these Terms or the relevant service as appropriate, any loaned Equipment must be returned to: V4 Telecom Limited, Cash's Business Centre, 228 Widdrington Road, Coventry CV1 4PB.
Any Equipment not returned to us will be billed to you as a Fee at the recommend retail price for the missing Equipment. Please note that if you choose to keep any Equipment after we stop providing Services, it is supplied to you 'as is', without warranty and without support.
If your Equipment is faulty, regardless as to whether it is provided by us or leased by a third party, we will make arrangements for the repair or replacement of that Equipment during the first 12 months without charge, providing the fault is not caused by abuse or negligence while in your care. Except for faults or defects within the first 12 months, replacement items of Equipment are available on payment of the applicable replacement items Fee(s). You will need to return any faulty or replaced items of Equipment to: V4 Telecom, Cash's Business Centre, 228 Widdrington Road, Coventry CV1 4PB. For the avoidance of doubt, subject to faults within the first 12 months, should you lease the Equipment from a third party they will be responsible for rectifying any fault or defect with the Equipment.
You will need to ensure that suitable mains electricity, power over Ethernet and network cabling are available as applicable where you would like the Equipment to be installed.
How do you get connected?
For our Telephony Service, we'll preconfigure and dispatch any Equipment to you. Where you wish to port numbers, we'll advise you on if that's possible and how long it will take. If we are transferring an existing telephone line, we'll let you know how long that will take. If we are installing a new telephone line, an engineer will need to come and install it and we'll provide you with the details. Obviously you agree to provide any reasonable cooperation and assistance that may be required to get you connected, including access to the site and any other reasonable requests which we make. It's important that you don't miss any appointments as we pass any such charges on to you, as detailed in the section 'Admin fee list'.
For our Broadband Service, we'll either provision it on a telephone line that we are also installing or on an existing line and preconfigure and dispatch any Equipment to you. We'll try to make sure that you get the fastest broadband internet connection possible, but the actual speed will depend on your actual line (e.g. the distance of your premises from the telephone exchange, the quality of your copper line and environmental line noise will all impact your actual speeds), so we cannot guarantee that your connection will reach any specific speeds.
For our Mobile Service, we will dispatch your SIMs to you and any other Equipment that you have ordered.
For our Leased Line Service, please see the section 'What do I need to know about the Leased Line Service?'
If after receiving or accepting your order, we cannot provide you with a particular Service, we'll notify you. That particular Service will terminate in respect of these Terms and any Fees you have paid will be refunded to you.
Please also be advised that we have the right to terminate these Terms without liability after confirmation of acceptance has been sent but before you have been connected if: (a) you fail a credit check; (b) we are not able to provide our Services to your premises by the expected connection date for any reason; or (c) if you are not in a geographical area covered by us. If we end these Terms before connection (other than as a result of your own act or omission), any Fees you have paid will be refunded to you.
A consumer will, subject to any exceptions or exclusions set out in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, be entitled to cancel the Services and/or return the Equipment by serving written notice of cancellation to us within fourteen days of either receiving the Equipment from us or after the date upon which you enter into these Terms with us. In such event, you must return all the Equipment to us at your own cost. If you cancel a contract within fourteen days of receiving the Equipment from us or the date upon which you enter into these Terms, we will refund to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery of any Equipment you ordered. However, if you requested that the Service(s) begin immediately, you must pay us an amount which is proportionate to the Service(s) provided up to the point you cancelled your order. A consumer will not be entitled to cancel these Terms for the supply of Services after the fourteen day cancellation period once performance of the Services has started, save as where permitted under these Terms (see the section 'What is the contract period and how does it end?')
Where you receive our Services and/or Equipment not as a consumer (that is, within the course of a trade or business), no Equipment supplied by us shall be accepted for return without our prior consent. You must agree to pay the cancellation fees which is the monthly fee times the remaining months to terminate a Service or these Terms, such fee being the costs to us of cancelling a Service or these Terms.
You agree to use our Services for your own use only and not to resell any Service without our written permission.
What is the contract period and how does it end?
The Services you order are subject to the 'Minimum Term' as set out on the Order Form or on our Website when you order. The standard Minimum Term for the Services is twenty four months unless otherwise stated. The Minimum Term for each Service starts from the date that that respective Service is fully provisioned or activated. After the minimum term has expired, the Services will roll on a monthly basis until either party cancels the contract.
You must keep the Services you have chosen for the duration of the Minimum Term, unless you or we are allowed to end this contract earlier. If your contract ends during the Minimum Term (other than where you have a right to end it without incurring early termination charges' (see section 'What are V4 Telecoms payment terms and charges?) we may charge you a cancellation fee. Unless you tell us otherwise, we may charge this amount directly to any credit or debit card which you have provided us with details of and, by entering into this contract, you are authorising us to do so. We will give you reasonable notice in writing before these charges are made.
After the Minimum Term for a Service has elapsed, you can terminate that Service at any time without paying any cancellation Fees, providing you give us one (1) months' notice of termination. Any such cancellation Fees will not exceed the charges you would have paid for the remainder of the services less our costs.
We alone may terminate these Terms, terminate a particular Service or suspend Services if you don't pay us by the due date any money you owe us; or you misuse our Service; or we suspect any fraudulent use; or if we are required to do so by a competent or regulatory authority or network provider We will not refund any fees paid by you under these Terms if we end these Terms or terminate a Service under this Condition. There may be a reconnection charge if we suspend your Service.
If we are entitled to suspend your Service then all Fees for your Service will remain payable by you notwithstanding such suspension. If we are entitled to terminate your Service (other than without cause), then we will be entitled to charge you for the Fees which would have been payable to us as if you had provided us with a termination notice on the date of such termination.
Either you or us may terminate these Terms by giving thirty (30) days' written notice to the other:
- if there has been a material breach of these Terms by the other party and this isn't remedied within fourteen (14) days of a written notice notifying the breach;
- we increase your payments, unless such increase arises under the section 'What are V4 Telecoms payment terms and charges?'.
- if an event, outside its reasonable control, prevents continued provision of the Services for more than thirty (30) days;
- if the other is unable to pay its debts (within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986); or becomes insolvent or bankrupt; or is subject to an order or a resolution for its liquidation, administration, winding-up or dissolution (otherwise than for the purposes of a solvent amalgamation or reconstruction); or makes an application to a court of competent jurisdiction for protection from its creditors generally; or has an administrative or other receiver, manager, trustee, liquidator, administrator or similar officer appointed over all or any substantial part of its assets; or enters into or proposes any composition or arrangement with its creditors generally; or is subject to any analogous event or proceeding in any applicable jurisdiction.
What are V4 Telecoms payment terms and charges?
Any promotional offers such as inclusive line rental or broadband shall be free of charge for a maximum period of 12 months, after which, any services received free of charge will be billed at the standard rate, for the remainder of the contract. Early termination Fee's and standard terms apply.
V4 Telecom invoices are emailed or mailed to your premises during the 1st week of each calendar month. You have a responsibility to pay the Fees that apply to the Services you're receiving from us. These Fees are in British pounds sterling and payable from the day that the Services are installed or provisioned. Recurring Fees will be collected monthly in advance, while one-off fees will be collected in arrears. Our invoices are due 10 days after the invoice date. We'll collect the amount invoiced to you via direct debit on or shortly after the due date.
Our call charges are set out in our tariff on our Website and all calls you make will be subject to this tariff unless otherwise agreed in writing with us.
Our Fees include the following:
- Telephone connection fee - the cost of installing a new telephone line through BT Openreach.
- Broadband connection fee - the cost of activating broadband.
- Broadband line rental - the rental for the Broadband Service.
- Broadband overage fee - the price for additional data per gigabyte above and beyond the broadband data allowance included with your Broadband Service.
- Broadband cease charge - a charge levied by BT Openreach if you cancel a broadband service.
- BT Openreach special charges - other charges paid by us that are passed through at cost to you from BT Openreach (e.g. abortive visit charges, specialist wiring work, engineer repair visits).
- Late payment fees - due in the event that you do not pay the Fees on time.
- Cancellation fees - due in the event that you cancel a Service during the Minimum Term or without providing the required notice.
- Equipment fees - for any equipment purchased from us including routers, handsets, SIMs, adaptors, power supplies and any other computer, network and telephony equipment.
- Mobile fees - the fees for your Mobile Services including fixed periodic charges, usage charges and domestic and international call charges.
- Delivery Fee - the cost of delivery of Equipment to your premises.
- Additional charges - additional or supplemental services or equipment which you have asked us to provide.
These Fees may vary from time to time and all Fees are non-refundable unless otherwise stated. We may impose a credit limit of your account and/or require a deposit as security for paying your bills.
We accept payment by direct debit and you agree to complete, return and maintain a direct debit mandate to pay us. If your bank details change you must notify us immediately to ensure continuity of your Services. You agree to inform us if your direct debit authority is terminated at any time. If a direct debit payment fails, we may contact you to arrange payment and you will be liable to pay interest and late payment fees under these Terms. If we cannot contact you after a failed direct debit payment, we may suspend or terminate the Services and these Terms without further notice. Please note that we charge £15.99 per month if you don't pay via direct debit.
Please also be advised that we reserve the right to change our Fees including our tariffs at any time, by either giving you notice in writing which will include sending an email to the email address you provide to us or by updating the pricing on our Website. Unless we increase our prices for any of the reasons set out in this section, you can also end the contract during the Minimum Term if we increase our Fees. If you wish to end this contract for these reasons, then you need to let us know within 30 days of notice of the change (sections 'What is the contract period and how does it end?').
We may also increase your payments if required by law or if any regulatory authority requests or requires a change to any aspect of our pricing, including to reflect a change in the rate of VAT or other applicable taxation charge or levy, which affects the Services directly or our pricing structure generally. We will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you before any price increase takes effect under this section.
You must pay us all sums due to us in full and you cannot deduct or withhold any part of the sums you owe us, except as permitted by law. Please be advised that in the event of us not receiving full payment for Services provided, we have the right to suspend or terminate your Services and take any steps necessary to recover the amount due (including any costs incurred collecting the funds owed).
All prices shown on our Website and Order Forms are exclusive of VAT and our invoices show VAT payable as a separate item on each invoice. In any event you are liable to pay VAT on all Services provided.
What happens if there are Service interruptions?
We'll take reasonable measures to rectify any interruptions or faults in the Services that we provide. However, we cannot be held responsible for disruptions caused as a result of war, strikes, natural disasters or other 'acts of God' and shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of its obligations to the extent that such delay or failure is attributable to matters beyond our reasonable control.
We or our network providers may need to make changes to a network or the technical specification of a Service or may need to suspend provision of the Services for operational or technical reasons. We'll use all reasonable endeavours to notify you in advance of such changes or suspension if it materially affects your Services. Obviously we'll do everything which is reasonably within our power to minimise the effect of these disruptions on you and restore the Service as soon as we can.
It is technically impossible for us to provide fault-free Services at all times. But, we're committed to providing you with Services that have as few disruptions as possible. We cannot guarantee the quality and coverage of our mobile network providers' wireless network or signal strength.
What do I need to know about Voice over IP (VoIP) Telephony Service?
By purchasing our Telephony Service, you must understand that there are some limitations of VoIP technology:
- It may not offer all of the features you may expect from a conventional phone line.
- It may sometimes be unavailable as a result of things over which we have no control (e.g. the weather, loss of power, failures of your internet connection) and you understand that in such circumstances all services (including 999/112 emergency services) will also be unavailable.
- Where you use our Telephony Service without our Broadband Service then there is a greater likelihood of connectivity and quality of service problems.
- Connectivity to the 999/112 emergency services will be provided only to the extent that is technically feasible. As a result, you may have to provide your location information and phone number verbally to the operator. You may not be connected to the domestic emergency service upon dialling outside of mainland England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- You must register the physical location of each handset with us. This will default to the site address at which we set up the Telephony Service for you. Failure to update us with any changes will result in emergency operators unable to identify your location and phone number when you dial 999/112.
- Emergency operators may or may not be able to identify your phone number in order to call you back if the call is unable to be completed, is dropped or disconnected, or if you are unable to speak to tell them your phone number and/or if the Service is not operational for any reason. Emergency operators may also not be able to hold your line open in the event that you hang up.
- If we suspend or terminate the Telephony Service, you may not be able to dial 999/112.
- You agree to inform potential users of the Services of the above limitations and you understand and accept that you should always have an alternative means of accessing 999/112 emergency services.
What do I need to know about Mobile Services?
We are providing you with Mobile Services using approved devices, SIMs and network resources provided by our network providers both in the UK and abroad.
You must ensure that all your SIMs are used in accordance with these Terms. The SIMs remain the property of the network providers at all times and you are granted a limited license to use the SIMs to access the Mobile Services. We may recall the SIMs at any time. You must only use the SIMs in approved devices.
The Mobile Service may include premium services such as international calling and roaming. If using the Mobile Service abroad, your use of the Services may be subject to the laws and regulations that apply in that country. We are not liable for any failure to comply with those laws or regulations.
When the Mobile Service ends, we will disconnect all your SIMs and you will not be able to use the Mobile Service or make calls to the emergency services.
What do I need to know about the Leased Line Service?
Leased lines are either Ethernet in the First Mile ('EFM') or dedicated fibre circuits that either connect to the internet or connect two sites together without internet ('Point to Point'). You can also have multiple circuits to provide higher resiliency.
Leased lines are a bespoke service and installation time and costs vary from case to case. After you submit your order based upon our standard Fees, we'll need to do a site survey within 30 days of accepting your order to establish whether any additional Fees are payable.. After the site survey, we'll know if any additional Fees will apply and if so, you'll need to agree to these Fees. If you don't wish to accept the Fees or you don't agree to any extra Fees within 25 days, the order will simply cancel with no cancellation fees.
If the site survey does not identify any extra Fees, the order will automatically proceed using the Fee quoted when you submitted your order. If the site survey identifies additional Fees and you accept them, the order will proceed.
As we will have already carried out the site survey on your behalf in order to begin the Service, if you wish to cancel the Service before it is installed; there will be cancellation charges which will be passed on at cost to you along with an administration fee for our time. These cancellation Fees will be applicable irrespective of the reason for your cancellation. For the avoidance of doubt, any other cancellation period as set out in these Terms does not apply to Leased Line Services.
Access to the site may be required for:
- A site survey to be conducted by BT Openreach.
- Broadband provision (alarm monitoring).
- Fibre provisioning.
- Fibre splicing.
- Fibre end to end testing.
- Operational testing and handover testing.
If you agree a time and date for site access or a site survey for us or our technical partner or agent for the purposes of installation and/or configuration and you subsequently refuse the survey or it is not possible we reserve the right to recover in full any costs associated with the lack of site access or cancellation of site survey.
We bill quarterly in advance for Leased Line Services and we may require you to pay the installation charges and any excess construction charges before we proceed with the installation of your Service.
Each leased line will come with a service level policy, which will be detailed in your individual contract, to ensure that any faults are rectified within a certain time frame. Where we fail to meet the service level policy for a leased line, we will issue service credits for the time you were without service in accordance with our Leased Line Service Level Policy.
What happens if you move premises?
If you change your address this contract will continue unless you exercise a right to end it in accordance with these Terms. If your new premises are in an area that's covered by our Services, then the Services will be moved to your new premises, but connection fees we reasonably incur may need to be paid.
If we are unable to provide Services to your new premises, then our standard cancellation terms of either one (1) months' notice (after the minimum term of Service) will apply.
What are your obligations?
You agree that you will at all times:
- Comply fully with these Terms and any reasonable instructions we give you;
- Comply with the terms set out in our Fair and acceptable usage policy and ensure that any others using our Services via your account also comply;
- You are responsible for the security and proper use of your username and password and you must keep your security information (such as passwords and PINs) safe and tell us immediately and change your security information if you become aware of any improper disclosure or unauthorised use of the Services through your account. If we believe that there has been, or is likely to be, a breach of security of your username or password or of the username or password of any of your additional users, we may suspend such usernames and passwords and require that any or all of them are changed;
- Provide accurate information to us (especially during the ordering process) and ensure that this information is always kept up to date and accurate;
- Ensure that any site that we work on is a safe working environment;
- Ensure that your equipment and software complies with all applicable laws and standards and that you have any necessary licenses before you use it to connect to our network and ensure that your equipment and software is compatible with our Equipment;
- Agree that only you control the content you upload or download using the our services and that we have no responsibility for any such content;
- Indemnify us against all losses, liabilities, costs (including legal costs) and expenses which we may incur as a result of any third party claims against us arising from, or in connection with your use or misuse of the Services or breach of these Terms;
- All amounts due to us shall be paid in full (without deduction or withholding except as required by law) and you shall not be entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against us in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part
From time to time, we may (without notice to you) review, record or check your use of our Services where we are required to do so to ensure compliance with any laws or regulations or where ordered to do so by any court or other body or authority with the power to require such monitoring and to ensure compliance with these Terms and the Fair and acceptable usage policy.
What are the limitations of V4 Telecom’s responsibility?
Nothing in these Terms shall restrict or exclude either party's liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by it or its employees' or agents' negligence.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
If we are providing Services in your property, we will repair any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that are found while providing the Services.
If you are a consumer we only supply the Services and Equipment to you for domestic and private use. If you use them for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose our liability to you will be limited as set out in this section.
Except as expressly set out in these Terms, we are not liable to pay damages for any losses caused by use of the Services or delays or interruptions. We are not liable to pay damages if anyone other than an authorised paying customer gains access to that customer's connection to our Services, that customer's computer and other related equipment or gains access to, destroys or distorts any data or information held by us.
We are not responsible for any goods or services supplied in a separate agreement with another supplier, even if access to these goods or services is through our network.
Any offer, financial or otherwise in nature is no longer valid & V4 Telecom Pty Ltd, its officers & Directors aren’t liable to honour it if signed paperwork isn’t received, accepted by our finance partner & approved internally by V4 as an Account within 14 days from when the offer was originally made. Such an offer must be in writing to a Customer.
V4 Telecom Pty Ltd, its Officers, & Directors aren’t to be held liable for any financial or any other offer or claim or a statement alluding to such made by an inactive or active employee of V4 if it hasn’t been accompanied by prior consent in writing by a Company Director within V4 Telecom Pty Ltd.
If you are a business, except as set out in this section and the section called 'What are your obligations?' and except for the requirements for you to pay all Fees owing to us under these Terms, neither party's aggregate liability to the other party with respect to these Terms for any claims arising in any calendar year (whether in contract, tort, arising as a result of negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise) shall exceed three thousand (3,000) pounds.
If you are a business, neither party will be liable to the other for any economic loss including, without limitation, any loss of profits, anticipated savings, business, contracts, revenue, time or goodwill or loss of data whether in contract, tort, arising as a result of negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise or the cost of procuring substitute goods or services provided that doesn't include:
- Claims for any damage to your tangible property, caused by the negligence or otherwise by any act or omission of us, our employees, agents or subcontractors, whilst on your premises.
You shall at all times be under a duty to mitigate any losses suffered by you.
This section will continue to apply even after the Terms have ended and each provision of this section is to be construed as a separate provision applying and surviving even if one or more of the other provisions of this clause is held inapplicable or unreasonable.
If you are a business, there are no representations, warranties, terms or undertakings, except as expressly set out in these Terms and any others are expressly excluded, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise.
How will we contact each other?
You may contact us by sending an email, by calling our telephone numbers as set out on our Website and any important communications (including any notices or other communications required under these Terms) should additionally be sent by post to: V4 Telecom, Cash's Business Centre, 228 Widdrington Road, Coventry CV1 4PB.
We will contact you at the email address that you provide or an alternative email address you provide to us for this purpose.
Will any of this change?
Over time, this is possible. We may change these Terms from time to time by notifying you of the revised Terms by email. If any change we make is detrimental to you, you can terminate the affected Service(s) by providing 1 months' notice unless such change is required by law or regulation. You will be deemed to have accepted the change if you continue to use the Services.
What if I have a complaint?
We are committed to providing excellent customer service and endeavour to deal with any complaint fairly and within a reasonable period of time. However should you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our service, you should follow our Complaints Policy by sending a formal written letter to the address: V4 Telecom, Cash's Business Centre, Unit 2, Ground Floor, 228 Widdrington Road, Coventry CV1 4PB or by emailing email@example.com and we will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. .
If a complaint cannot be resolved within 8 weeks of you raising it with us, then you may consider alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. Alternative dispute resolution services for our customers are provided by Ombudsman Services: Communications whose website is ombudsman-services.org/communications.html who will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. Alternatively, you can refer your dispute to the European Commission online dispute resolution platform.
What happens if there is fraud on my account?
You are responsible for all call charges and other charges resulting from fraudulent and/or unauthorised use of the Equipment and the Services by you and third parties. It is therefore imperative that you keep your personal details, your computers, your network and access to your premises secure.
What do I need to keep confidential and what about my personal data?
Both parties agree to keep in confidence any information of the other, whether written or verbal, of a confidential nature obtained in association with these Terms except to the extent that any disclosure is required by law, for us to provide the Services or that such information has already entered the public domain.
Is there anything else I need to know?
All intellectual property rights in the Services are owned or licensed by us or its network providers and you agree that you have no right, title or interest in such intellectual property rights.
We may assign these Terms, or these Terms only in respect of particular Services which we provide to you, to a third party, provided we give 7 days formal notice via the monthly invoices you receive from us, of a change in assignment of these terms, to a third party appointed by us.
Any failure or delay by either party in exercising or enforcing any rights or benefits granted by these Terms won't be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or benefit nor will it prevent us from exercising or enforcing any such right or benefit or any other right or benefit on any other occasion.
If a court arbitrator or any government agency stipulates that any part of these Terms is unenforceable, the remaining Terms will still be valid and enforceable.
These Terms do not create any other rights for, or enforceable by any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except that our mobile network providers will have the right to enforce any rights in relation to the Mobile Service conferred under these Terms directly against you.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as creating a partnership or joint venture.
The Terms set out the entire agreement between you and us relating to the provision of the Services to you including all intended rights and obligations and supersede any and all previous agreements and understandings between you and us with respect to such provision.
The Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Cooling off Period
V4 Telecom offers a standard 14 day cooling off period on all 'Business' & 'Residential' orders. This 14 day period resumes from the date of entering into the contract by the end customer. This cooling off period clause offers any new order sent to V4 Telecom a 14 day period to cancel the contract completely within the first 14 days of signing up. The length and start date of a cooling off period will apply only to orders with a new customer.
As a V4 Telecom customer, you have the right to cancel your contract before the Minimum Term of 24 months kicks in or whichever term applicable as at the point of sign up. So whether your circumstances have changed or you've spotted a better deal from a different provider, the cooling off period is your chance to change your mind without paying any early termination fees to V4 Telecom. Early termination Fees with V4 Telecom is usually your monthly minimum fee, times the remaining months left on your relevant contract term as reflected on our system, payable within 10 days from date of cancellation received.
How to make use of your cooling off period when signing up to a new contract
- Check below of the cooling off period applies to your order. V4 Telecom will allow you to cancel during cool off period by calling the V4 Support Member at 0800 038 5495 during Mondays to Fridays 8.30 am to 5.30 am or by dropping a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention 'I want to use the 14 day cooling off period to cancel the order' along with your date of sign up and full company name / full customer name as applicable in the subject line while sending email to email@example.com. Alternatively, please use the buttons to your right called PLEASE FEEDBACK OR GO TO CONTACT US PAGE available on our website https://v4telecom.co.uk to use your cooling off period to cancel your order with us within the stipulated 14 day period.
- Please note that if V4 Telecom had to pay an initial amount to get your service connected as a part of your order sign up, for example if we paid for your new phone line to be installed, or provided expensive equipment, or we you have instructed us to begin the Services before the end of the cooling off period, you may have to pay a fee to cover any reasonable costs. This is not the same as an early termination fee. You will be charged and expected to pay within 7 days for the service you were able to use before cancellation request is accepted. You will also need to pay within 7 days any costs as a part of your order sign up spent on installation, connection or activation fees involved, even if they were advertised as free as a condition of taking out the full service from V4 Telecom.
- Fibre customers on V4 Telecom may cancel at any time before the service start date (CRD) but will be liable to pay for costs relating to installation of any equipment for fibre services before cancellation request is accepted on our system.
If your Broadband Service has a cap on the amount of data that you can download or upload each month ('Usage Cap'), your usage must not go over that Usage Cap each month. For the current Usage Caps on each Product, please contact us on 0800 038 6333. Excess usage on the standard broadband connections is '1 / GB. If we charge you for excess usage, we will let you know by email and by post and we will explain the consequences of you going over your Usage Cap, for example, the increased subscription or other charges you incur.
“V4 Telecom have a fair usage policy of 500GB of data usage on any unlimited broadband product offered to its customers. We reserve the right to charge for any excessive usage over this amount”.
Standard broadband speeds are 24 Mbit down and 1.3Mbit up on SME Bundles and SME Broadband Only and can vary depending upon the location of your local exchange and other factors. Speeds on the BT 21CN type service are also the same being 24 Mbit down and 1.3Mbit up and can vary depending upon the location of your local exchange and other factors. Speeds on the BT IP stream service type are generally around 8Mbit down and 448Kbit up and can vary depending upon a host of factors. Standard Fibre speeds are 40 to 80 Mbit down and 10 to 20 Mbit down depending upon the monthly tariff option chosen and a host of other related factors.
Customer Acceptance of Terms of Business from V4 Telecom
The Small Print
Call rates always billed in pence per minute. The published pricing options are subject to availability at all times. Prices are valid from 01 / 06 / 2014. Any mention of UK Call Rates refers to only calls made to 01, 02, 03 Numbers.
All Call packages & standard call rates across all voice products are billed in 30 seconds increments across the Board for all V4 Accounts.
All published pricing options are exclusive of VAT at all times. Minimum calls set up fee of 50p applies, which would otherwise be less than the minimum charge specified in certain cases. Operator Assist Calls like 100, 155, 195 will be charged depending upon incidence and duration of calls and tend to be usually expensive call types. Calls from Northern Ireland to fixed telephones in the Republic of Ireland will be charged at the appropriate Inland rate. Calls from Northern Ireland to mobile telephones registered in the Republic of Ireland will be charged at the same rate as calls from the rest of the United Kingdom to mobile telephones registered in the Republic of Ireland. Calls to the Channel Islands are charged at National Rate.
- V4 Telecom continues to use the information available in the public domain from various providers to tally them with our standard tariff options to create the best pricing each time for the end customer. We carry out this online comparison exercise once per calendar month.
- All pricing options with any new orders can be ordered and submitted to our inbound sales team online or even via our website. V4 Telecom Members can offer free call backs to any new orders at all times. V4 Telecom makes these 2 options available to the end customer if somehow the same phone number can't be retained while moving premises where the customer can choose from 1) CALLER REDIRECT is a recorded voice message advising all incoming calls of your NEW phone numbers. This costs '9.99 a month. 2) You can choose to have REMOTE CALL FORWARDING to your new number. This will cost you an additional £30 per month plus the cost of all Diverted calls. New Line Installations are billed at an upfront payment of £65 once off fee. The new line install fee of £65 applies to all conversions from a BT Open Reach Line to an LLU Line. LLU to BT Open Reach Line Conversions have an upfront install fee of £99. Direct Debit completion is compulsory at point of sale for all Channels. Non Direct Debit Accounts attract a monthly invoice administration fee of £15.99 a month. Non Email Billing Accounts attract a monthly invoice administration fee of £2.99 a month. The Direct debit Dishonor fee is £15.99 and Cheque Dishonor fee is £15.99. All charges mentioned in this section are standard charges that apply unless otherwise stated as per any promotional offers that may or may not be offered to you as the end user.
- V4 Telecom telephone accounts fall due generally around the 20th of each calendar month. Our system processes all Direct Debits available on file authorisation mandate from our end user base.
- Any failed Direct Debit accounts due to reasons like incorrect details or change of details not informed prior & updated on our systems, or lack of sufficient funds to the tune of the reflected amount on the V4 Telecom invoice are given overdue payment reminders post due date before suspension of services occurs.
- If a Direct Debit is dishonoured or cancelled we shall suspend your service until payment is made & Direct debit is reinstated. Non DD Fee of £15 will be charged for all cancelled Direct debit accounts and accounts where no mode of payment is set. We may charge interest on all overdue amounts from time to time on a daily basis at a rate of 8% above the base rate of the Bank of England, to run from the due date of payment until receipt by us of the full amount (including any accrued interest) whether before or after judgement in respect of the overdue amount.
- £12.99 Late Fee Applies to all Unpaid Accounts including Failed Direct Debit Accounts.
- Unpaid Accounts are suspended from active services on our auto system on or before 33 days from the Bill Issue Date as reflected on your V4 Telecom Invoice.
- V4 Telecom members regularly get in touch with outstanding accounts via reminder notices and follow up calls to ensure the accounts are up to date before suspension occurs.
- Suspension of services under our credit control terms are only removed post full payment of the outstanding account has been received on our system and a reconnection fee of £20.99 per suspended account has been agreed to be paid onto the next V4 Telecom invoice.
- Accounts, which remain unpaid even post 15 days from Bill Issue date, may have their services fully disconnected and the outstanding account handed over to a debt collection bureau.
Changing your plan
- V4 Telecom Fair & Acceptable Usage Policy applies across all the products & services available from V4 Telecom.
- Plan Options can't be changed in the 1st 6 months from Live Date.
- Post 6 Months from live date, pricing options can be changed to upgrade or downgrade at no extra admin fees. However, any modifications on broadband connections attract a once off fee of £30 (unless otherwise stated) payable on your next invoice.
- SME Fixed Voice Comparisons have been done with a standard telephone line. It doesn't include any reference to fibre optic lines.
- Broadband Connection speeds continue to remain dependent on the quality of your telephone line, ability of the local change to support the expected speeds and the distance between your business premises and the local exchange.
- We have the right to restrict broadband connection speeds that exceed 50GB per month unless advised otherwise in the terms of the order as a part of the V4 Telecom Fair & Acceptable Usage Policy.
Consumer Price Index (CPI) & Pricing Update
- Your broadband, mobile and landline monthly plan fees might go up in some cases in line with any change in the rate of CPI (Consumer Price Index). Lot of our extra charges at account level, like out- of-cap calling rates and your optional bolt-ons will go up in line with CPI too. The price of our pay monthly plan fees increase in line with CPI so we can keep pace with inflation. This reflects the increase in the costs to run and invest in our wholesale support networks and service we provide you, and allows us to invest in after care improvements and make sure we give you the best possible service at all times.
- Technicolor TG 582N Pro Wireless Routers are available with broadband or fibre connections free of charge when ordered at the point of sale. A separate fee of £15.99 is payable upfront at the point of sale, which includes cost of router configuration, packaging and tracking delivery based on RM 48 Hour Express Delivery.
- Technicolor TG 582N Pro Wireless Routers are available at a one off price of £50.99 where not ordered at the point of sale or where ordered without a broadband or fibre connection.
- These Technicolor routers have a warranty period of 12 months and conditions may apply on warranty availability.
- Credit for returned routers (if proven to be faulty and under warranty) equals to £27 once received to our offices and will be applied to the following month's V4 Telecom invoice. This excludes any routers you receive free of charge from V4 Telecom.
- Credit for a wireless router no fault found and returned to our stock is £10 onto the following month's invoice. Credit for an unopened wireless router and 'returned to sender' if correct end customer address supplied on our system is £27 and if incorrect end customer address supplied on our system, credit reduced to £17. All such router credits on wireless routers are processed onto the following month's invoice.
Broadband speed and options
- Broadband Pricing Options may vary, depending upon the location of your local exchange.
- Point of No Return (PONR) on broadband orders are 16.00 hours on the date before the day of delivery and connection going live which is usually 14 days from the date of submission of the order on our system.
- Early Cancellation up to PONR is £36 on your next invoice.
- Late cancellation after PONR has an early cancellation fee of £99 on your next invoice.
- Any modifications requested before the date of delivery on a broadband order has a modification fee of £30 on your next V4 Telecom invoice. Any broadband bundles with a standard line requested which is not renewed beyond the minimum contract term of 24 months has a cease fee of £11 on the very next invoice.
- Any cancellations during the Minimum Term on any of our Services has an early termination fee of the minimum monthly fee times the remaining months payable within 7 days from the date of requested cancellation to V4 Telecom.
- There can be a migration fee of £30 on broadband connections when moving from another provider to V4 Telecom or a new activation fee of £65 for a new telephone line when setting up a new broadband connection on it. There is a cease of service fee during the Minimum Term of 24 months or after the end of the term of £11 if request for cease of services is registered on our systems.
- Expediting Business Fibre connection installations or expediting repair requests on existing fibre connections from V4 Telecom have an additional fee of £250 payable upfront at the point of submission of order. Special Faults Investigations requested on broadband connections can range between £60 and £200 depending upon the nature of the special fault.
- Business Fibre Connections from V4 Telecom on the BT Fibre backbone have an upfront set up fee of £99 payable at the point of submission of the order for migration of existing fibre connections based on the BT fibre backbone or setting up a new fibre connection. There is a 14-day cooling off period followed on all verbal orders.
How to cancel
- You have the right to cancel via email, phone or in writing to us. Please visit the CONTACT page for our contact details or simply drop in an email with 'CANCEL MY ORDER' with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation or Early Termination Fees before the Minimum Term is over on any V4 Service is the minimum Fee per month times the remains months left in the Minimum Term. All cancellation fees are payable within 7 days from date of cancellation to V4 Telecom to facilitate transfer to any other provider at the customer end.
- Please note that on our V4 Telecom standard pricing listing (available upon request), there is a minimum call cost set up fee of 50p unless advised otherwise on the chosen tariff option selected at point of sale on your order.
- All of the pricing information and tariff options on the V4 Telecom website is purely for view purposes only and exclude any contractual proposition or warranty terms imposed on any of our products or solutions made available to the end customer.
Waiver and release of liability
- CUSTOMER with unrestricted access to international voice destinations or extensions via cloud solutions, agrees, represents and warrants to V4 TELECOM that:
- 1. CUSTOMER has voluntarily requested V4 TELECOM to permit V4 unrestricted access to international voice destinations or creating international extensions via SIP Trunks.
- 2. CUSTOMER understands that there are inherent risks, hazards and dangers associated with choosing unrestricted access to international voice destinations or creating extensions via SIP trunk, and that the CUSTOMER will be exposing itself to a greater security risk potentially resulting in, amongst other things, fraudulent calls and incidents of hacking, which may result in loss or damage.
- 3. The CUSTOMER freely and voluntarily assumes all risk and accepts full responsibility for any loss or damage it may suffer as a result of choosing unrestricted access to international voice destinations via SIP trunks or international extensions or licenses.
- 4. The CUSTOMER is liable to V4 TELECOM for all and any costs, howsoever they may arise, from calls from the CUSTOMER’s unrestricted access to international voice destinations via SIP trunks or via any extensions created by V4 TELECOM.
- 5. The CUSTOMER acknowledges that incidents of fraud or hacking are not reasonable grounds for disputing the validity of call charges owing to V4 TELECOM, and any dispute raised on these grounds will be rejected by V4 TELECOM as invalid.
- 6. The CUSTOMER acknowledges that it is liable to V4 TELECOM for the undiscounted payment of invoiced charges for international calls or any other usage incurred on the due date for the payment of the invoice. Failure to pay on the due date for payment may trigger security arrangements between the CUSTOMER and V4 TELECOM, and/or debt collection costs & late payment costs & interest charges.
- 7. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the CUSTOMER indemnifies and will keep indemnified V4 TELECOM and each of their directors, officers, and employees, against all costs, losses or damages however caused, arising from or in relation to the CUSTOMER choosing unrestricted access to international voice destinations via SIP trunk or any requests outside of permitted V4 cloud solutions. All jurisdictions are limited to the courts of England.
- 8. This Waiver and Release of Liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
- If you are a business. any liability for unintended errors, omissions or any arising resulting loss is expressly disclaimed. All prices exclude VAT, special deals, promotions or deal exchanges at all times across all V4 Telecom products & Services. All V4 Telecom UK new orders must have the use of Direct Debit and Email Billing at the point of order submission. Paper Billing is made available at an additional administration fee of £2.99 per month. V4 Telecom members can't be held liable for any incorrect billing arising out of incorrect order or service or contact or email details being supplied and any V4 Telecom liabilities in this area is expressly disclaimed & withheld herewith.
- The mobile/local telephone number(s) referred to in this form to be ported to V4 Telecom.
- The information provided in this form to be used for porting, the routing of calls or in association with the delivery of telecommunications services, for customer and network fault management and complaint handling. and for the information provided to be used by the emergency services, and law enforcement agencies for their lawful operations
I acknowledge that
- I have authority to request the porting of the number(s) referred to in this form
- I have been advised of, and accept, the following:
1. I am porting the number(s) referred to in this form from my current carrier/service provider to V4 Telecom. By porting the number(s) referred to in this form, the service(s) currently associated with the number(s) will be disconnected by my current carrier/service provider and may result in finalisation of the account for the service(s).
2. I may continue to have outstanding obligations to my current carrier/ service provider and it is my responsibility to check the terms and conditions of the contract with my current carrier/service provider in relation to the number(s) I wish to be ported.
3. Although I have the right to port my number(s), there may be costs and obligations associated with the port, which may include early termination fees and porting fees.
4. After porting my number(s) to V4 Telecom, some services currently associated with my number(s) today may not be supported by V4 Telecom
Please note that
- Any changes to your request to port your number(s) may impact your 'ready for service' date
- After the port activation process has begun (the cutover to V4Telecom) it must be completed
- A subsequent porting request will be required to change part or all of your current request
ABI Business Services Limited Trading as V4 Telecom in United Kingdom
LOCAL LINE RENTAL OR LINE WITH CPS (CALL TRAFFIC) TERMS OF BUSINESS FOR THE V4 TELECOM END USER
These Terms and Conditions apply, where applicable, in conjunction with the V4 Telecom Broadband Terms and Conditions, Broadband Bundle Terms and Conditions, all pricing options on our website and advertising material and also our Fair & Acceptable Usage Policy, as detailed on www.v4telecom.co.uk and set out the legal relationship and the agreement between you and V4 Telecom Limited of 1st Floor, West Midlands CV1 4PB.
'Access Provider' shall mean the company that provides the physical telephone line(s) to Customer and associated telephone number(s).
'Affiliate' shall mean a holding company, group company, or subsidiary direct or indirect, or a company which is under the common control with the company concerned.
'Agreement' shall mean these outlined terms and conditions, V4 Telecom tariff options for the Line Rental or Line Rental with CPS and the Customer New Order Sign Up Form which together constitute a legally binding agreement between V4 Telecom and the end user.
'Customer' means the end user of the Services.
'Billing Start Date' means when the Customer commences to use the Service as determined by our system.
'Ancillary Services' means any form of Value Added Services on the set of services in use at the end user premises including but not limited to call management services such as call waiting, call forwarding or similar services applied to the telephone line and including CPE, rental products for example telephone fixtures and accessories.
'Carrier Pre-Selection' or 'CPS' shall mean the service whereby the Customer is able to pre-select a service provider other than the Access Provider for his or her telephone calls according to the all calls option.
'Charge' means the monthly charge payable by the Customer to V4 Telecom to obtain the Services.
'Contract' means a binding agreement between you and V4 Telecom for the provision of any Service for which you agree to enter into a Contract
'CPE' means customer premises equipment.
'Equipment' means a telephone or other service provider equipment, including any modem or filter, that is located on the Customer's premises.
'Fair & Acceptable Usage Policy' shall mean the usage policy as displayed on V4 Telecom web site at www.v4telecom.co.uk. (or available on request to the V4 Telecom Customer Retention Team). This policy may be amended by V4 Telecom from time to time.
'Line Maintenance' means the maintenance of the line in relation to faults or additional fixtures and accessories.
'Minimum Period Agreement or Contract' means a period of 24 commencing from the Start Date, depending on the Contract agreed on which service selected.
'Network' shall mean the telecommunications system owned and operated by any third party telephone network provider that V4 Telecom may contract with.
'Order' means the Customer's order for the Services.
' V4 Telecom ', 'we', or 'us' shall mean the provider of the Service, which is V4 Telecom, whose registered address is 228 Widdrington Rd, Coventry CV1 4PB.
'Service' shall mean the Service, the Ancillary Services, CPS, Single Bill Service, Broadband or any other Service that V4 Telecom may offer from time to time.
'Single Bill Service' means the service package whereby the Customer can opt for 'all Calls' CPS in tandem with single bill including all call types, line rental and Ancillary Services in accordance with the regulations governing such service set out by Ofcom and any other amending or additional regulations or legislation or Codes of Practice applicable to Single Bill Service.
'Start Date' means the date when the Broadband Service is first made available to you or when you first start to use the service, whichever is earlier.
'Customer Authorisation' means the agreement made between the customer and V4 Telecom for provision of the Service. This agreement can be printed, electronic, verbal, or other methods as approved by regulation.
'Rate Sheet' means the printed document which includes information concerning the charges for the Service This Rate Sheet may not be a full itemisation of all charges applicable to the Services provided by V4 Telecom and also may change from time to time.
2.1. The Customer will submit enquiries to V4 and V4 shall provide the Customer with quotations in respect of such enquiries. The Customer may proceed with a quotation by submitting an Order. The Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when the V4 Telecom issues written acceptance of the Order at which point and on which date the Contract shall come into existence.
2.2. For technical, operational and commercial reasons we shall be entitled to vary the Service and any aspect thereof at any time.
2.3. The Customer shall have the right to cancel this sign up Agreement within 14 days from the date of sign up as specified on this form made depending upon the format and the go to market channel format or other such period and in a manner as specified by regulations applicable to the method of Customer Authorisation to transfer or install new services between V4 Telecom and the Customer. Early Termination Fee applies for all cancellations received post 14 Days irrespective of the 'Billing Start Date'.
2.4 V4 Telecom shall endeavour to provide the Service on the telephone line(s) & other services as specified in the Customer Authorisation within 40 days or as indicated on the 'Billing Start Date' *This Customer Authorisation is valid for up to 120 days from this date. By executing this Customer Authorisation the signatory warrants that they are authorised to sign this Customer Authorisation on the Customer's behalf.
2.5. The Service will be provided & billable to the end user by V4 Telecom once the line has been transferred from the Access Provider on terms acceptable to V4 Telecom.
2.6. All faults or requests will be reported to V4 Telecom by the Customer but may require a site visit by the Access Provider depending upon the nature of the fault. The relevant charges, if any, for Line Maintenance carried out on the line(s) will be billed to the Customer by V4 Telecom.
2.7. Calls to all carrier selection codes will be barred by the Access Provider on Single Billing Service line(s).
2.8. V4 Telecom customer support number is published and/or such other number as may be advised from time to time and under EU Legislation applicable, will be a standard advertised Telephone number as well.
2.9. The V4 Telecom Code of Practice which outlines our complaints and dispute resolution procedure is available on www.v4telecom.co.uk or upon written request.
2.10. The Customer may only obtain the Services if it is an existing CPS only customer of V4 Telecom or new telephone Customer of V4 Telecom selecting both this service and CPS.
3. Any Service
will be charged in accordance with the rates and methods provided to the customer. These charges may be provided in a Rate Sheet, our web site, by contacting V4 Telecom l Customer Support, by any other methods if available, or within these Terms and Conditions.
4. Use of the Service £ General
4.1 The Customer undertakes not to use the Service, the Single Bill Services or the Equipment (collectively the Service):
4.1.1 for any improper, immoral or unlawful purpose, nor cause any nuisance by the use of the Service, nor allow others to use the Service for any of the foregoing purposes; or
4.1.2 for the transmission of any material which is, may be or
Maintenance Charges for FS Clients:
For a hardware / field sales customer, If the maintenance package is not taken, first 12 months are free and then the applicable maintenance rate card plan from V4’s maintenance rate card packages apply over a 36 months term from Month 13 onwards. Early Termination Fees on Maintenance cover from V4 is monthly fee times the remaining months. A detailed copy of this maintenance rate card can be requested by emailing: email@example.com at any time.
V4’s Maintenance Services are available Monday to Friday, 9-5pm.
Below is the maintenance fee structure for customers who chose to opt in for V4’s Maintenance Package:
|Description||V4 Maintenance Bundle 1||V4 Maintenance Bundle 2||V4 Maintenance Bundle 3|
|Number of Extensions||1-10||11-20||21-50|
|Monthly Maintenance Fee (ex VAT)||£34.99||£49.99||£59.99|
|Introductory offer (signup within 24 hours)||£29.99||£39.99||£49.99|
Clients choosing to opt-out of Maintenance Care Plans will be charged as per below rate card. This rate card is subject to change at 30-day’s notice.
|Type||Customers with Maintenance Cost (+ VAT)||Customers without Maintenance Cost (+ VAT)|
|Engineer Callout (up to 1 hours on site)||£145.00 + VAT
£75 + VAT (An Hour Thereafter)
|£185.00 + VAT
£125 + VAT (An Hour Thereafter)
|Half Day Engineer Visit (For Additional Work)||£275.00 + VAT||£350.00 + VAT|
|Full Day Engineer Visit (For Additional Work)||£400.00 + VAT||£600.00 + VAT|
|Remote Charges (subject to extent of works)||From £50.00 + VAT First 30 minutes
£30 +VAT for every 30 minutes thereafter
|From £80.00 + VAT First 30 minutes
£45 +VAT for every 30 minutes thereafter
Maintenance cover Charge for Clients where V4 has supplied the full service hardware including but not limited to PABXs, Wi Fi Equipment etc:
Where you receive our Services and/or any Equipment as a Customer of ours, any returns on such equipment will not be accepted without our prior knowledge or written consent from V4 Telecom.
You agree to use our Services strictly for your own use and not to resell any Services without our written permission.” Any maintenance cover becomes chargeable from the Month 13 of your billing cycle, unless agreed in writing on V4’s signed order form otherwise & is charged to your monthly phone bill. All Maintenance cover contracts have a minimum 3-year term, & also have an early termination fee of monthly fee times remaining months payable immediately upon termination. V4’s Maintenance cover is only valid if a V4 Engineer signs off a successful health check of all customer equipment V4 has supplied on site, & is deemed invalid if a 3rd party engineer is used. When a 3rd party engineer is used without V4’s prior written consent, any faults, faulty equipment, replacements needed are chargeable & payable upfront to V4 Telecom. They are no longer considered included otherwise in a valid maintenance cover.
Early Termination Fees:
All services provided are subject to a 'Minimum Term' as set out on the Order Form or on our Website when you order. If not specified, for Business Clients including sole traders, partnerships & Ltd Companies, “minimum term” is always 3 years & for Residential Households, it is 2 years. The ‘Minimum Term’ for each service starts from the date the respective Service under the said account is live on V4’s systems. After the minimum term has expired, the services will roll on a monthly basis until either party cancels or renews the contract for Businesses with less than 5 employees, or households. For Business customers of V4 with more than 10 employees, the said “minimum term” automatically rolls over for another set of 3 years & as per current industry regulations, it doesn’t need your prior consent.
If you wish to cancel your services during the ‘Minimum Term’ other than where you have a right to end it without incurring early termination charges (see section 'What are V4 Telecoms payment terms and charges?) we may charge you a standard cancellation charge, or early termination fee’s, whichever is greater in value. Unless you tell us otherwise, we may charge this amount directly to any credit or debit card which you have provided us with details of and, by entering into this contract, you are authorising us to do so. We will give you reasonable notice in writing before these charges are applied.
Early Termination Fee on all V4 Products & Services are monthly fee times remaining months unless specified otherwise in writing on a V4 document, & are always payable immediately upon request.
After the Minimum Term for a Service has elapsed, you can terminate that Service at any time without paying any early termination Fees, providing you give us one (1) months' notice of termination. Any such cancellation Fees will not exceed the charges you would have paid for the remainder of the services less our costs.”
To continue an outstanding level of customer experience, we have introduced as of 01.07.2018 a new add on engineering help for V4 Clients across the board called “V4 Assurance”. V4 Assurance provides an ultimate safeguard against the bill shock of unexpected engineer visit costs in case of outages, issues and fault investigations with your telephone line or internet services.
When you (the customer) reports a fault with your telephone line or internet services, V4 Telecom will report this to Openreach on your behalf. Where Openreach can’t fix the fault remotely, they will send an engineer to the local exchange, and in most cases, to the customer site as well. Unfortunately, if the cause of this fault is located within the customer property or within the customer apparatus, a charge for the Openreach engineer visit (anywhere between £150 - £250 ex VAT) is applied to the next V4 monthly invoice, something we pass on to you since we get charged by Open reach as well.
If you (the customer), has opted in to be on the V4 Assurance monthly service at the minimal monthly fee of £1.99 ex VAT per month, V4 Telecom will absorb the cost of such Engineer charges incurred. This does however, exclude any other fees like missed appointments charges, time related labour charges or any extra material costs, which may have been provided by the onsite engineer.
Please be advised that irrespective of being on a V4 Assurance service on your monthly bill, you will still be required to complete all CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) checks as advised by a V4 Customer Experience Advisor, before an engineer is booked in and scheduled to go in for fault investigation.”
Definition of terms used in this document
"Service" or "services" refers to the technical assistance, and/or the process of providing technical assistance, that V4's Managed IT Support offers and any options therein, "Customer" is any individual or individuals who willingly form a commercial relationship with a representative of V4, Methods of contact include, but are not limited to, telephone, email, & internet chat Communication of a V4 representative with a "Customer" does not imply that any services have been rendered unless verbally agreed over a recorded phone call or signed in writing by both sides, "Customer" is any individual or individuals who willingly choose to utilize one or more services offered by V4, "Customer" also describes any individual or individuals utilizing one or more services offered by V4, but who has a "authorised representative acting as the Customer" contact V4 to represent them. "Utilization" or "utilize" is the action of a Customer willingly receiving one or more of the services offered by V4 in Managed IT Services & solutions,
"Technology" refers to any desktop computer, portable computer (laptop), tablet or srnartphone. Desktop computers typically have a monitor (screen), mouse and keyboard attached to them. Laptops are all inclusive and can also be referred to as a "computer", Tablets and smartphones are typically mobile devices with a touchscreen running a specific mobile operating system such as, but not limited to, iOSand Android, The term also refers to devices including but not limited to, networking equipment such as routers both wireless and nonwireless, consumer electronics such as televisions, Bluray players,and video streaming devices, "Computer peripherals"or "peripherals"are any device that attaches to a computer, Examplesinclude, but are not limited to, printers, scanners, speakers, microphones, cameras, and external storage devices (external hard drives, tape drives, USB drives,etc}
"Software" is any program that can be placed, installed, and/or used on a computer, mobile phone or tablet device,
Acceptance of policy
Upon utilization of one or more of the services offered by V4, the customer automatically accepts all the terms and policies detailed in this document The Customer bears the right to reject one or more of the terms and policies described in this document If a Customer rejects the terms and policies described in this document, V4 reserves the right to refuse our services to that Customer.
Modification of terms and policies
V4 bears the right to modify any information in this document at any time upon 30 days' notice including but not limited to pricing, charging methods or assignment of rights to another company or individual. V4 is not obligated to provide prior warning, or post notification, to any individual or individuals of modifications to this document beyond 30 days,
Types of services available
All options refer to V4 Managed IT Support & Solutions for a home or consumer service options, as well as V4 Managed IT Solutions & services for business service options,
"Data Backup"- a customer pays an upfront fee for cloud data backup services, followed by an ongoing monthly charge (recurring payment) for continued data backup services, which include support for all data backup service related issues or questions, This service is billed ongoing for 1 month at a time and will automatically recur unless a cancellation of services is initiated, V4 may utilize 3rd party software and services to provide the data backup capability, Support is typically handled exclusively by V4 representatives situated in Coventry, United Kingdom & Kolkata, India via our authorised contact centre operations,
"Software" - a customer pays a recurring fee for anti-virus and/or anti-spyware software, This service is available for a minimum 24 months contract term and will automatically be renewed upon 30 day's notice, unless a cancellation of services is initiated, V4 may utilize 3rd party software and services to provide the software, Support is handled exclusively by V4 representatives,
The amount that the customer is going to be charged relies upon which service option or options they choose to utilize, When a customer agrees to utilize one or more V4 Managed IT Support & services, it is the customer's obligation to provide payment in advance prior to the service being initiated, The customer bears the right to refuse payment for the services, but V4 then bears the right to refuse service to that individual or individuals,
V4 maintains the highest level of security compliance internally as well as in external relationships via ongoing audits,
V4 with its Managed IT Support solutions & services offering supports computers, computer related devices, mobile phones (such as smartphones), tablets, software, and most consumer electronics. Computer-related devices typically are referredto as "peripherals"as mentioned above. Also, support expands to "any technology that assists a computer or other technology device in performing one or more functions". This includes, but is not limited to, support for issues such as viruses and malware, routers and modems, and assistance with software packages such as Antivirus software. As new technology arises, it is left to the discretion of V4 if any other technologies will be added to the scope of support. V4 reserves the right to decline service for any issue, device, product or item for any reason at our discretion.
Responsibilities of V4
It is the responsibility of V4 to provide customers with competent and timely solutions to their technology problem(s). V4 representatives strive to provide excellent service. If the technician cannot resolve the issue via a remote connection, the technician is required to instruct the customer as to what needs to be done next to resolve the issue verbally, & if requested in writing as well.
The customer should be aware that while V4 technicians are expected to perform exceptionally and timely, certain circumstances and the nature of issues can cause resolution times to vary. V4 does not guarantee resolution times and time of resolution is not a factor impacting any money back guarantee claims registered by our customer service teams.
V4 has partnered with third-party independent engineers to provide onsite support & support any technical call outs for our Customers, when a situation or ticket registered can't be resolved over the phone or remotely. V4 is not responsible for any services rendered by the third party. V4 removes itself from all liability associated with using this third party service. Onsite services are not included in any V4 Unlimited Managed IT Support plans or packages, and they are always separate billable services payable upfront by the end user.
V4 Managed IT Support & services are in no way a warranty. Replacement of items such as hardware,components and accessories are not covered under any of our Managed IT Support packages & depend upon manufacturer warranty terms & conditions.
V4 Managed IT Support & services is not responsible for obtaining, or paying for, any software, including, but not limited to, operating systems, software applications, and drivers.
The customer is expected to provide the sales agent, support technician or any other V4 representative, with any information requested to the best of the customer's ability and knowledge. Withholding important information for the purpose of invoking the money back guarantee is prohibited.
The customer is expected to understand basic instructions that the technician provides to them over the phone.
The customer is also responsible for seeing the support process through to its completion.
Customer agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless V4 and its employees from and against any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, fines, penalties and expenses (including solicitor costs and other professional fees and costs) arising out of or relating to (a) Customer use or misuse of any Software and/or Services; (b) Customer violation of the V4 Terms of Business;(c) Customer violation of any rights of a third party; or (d) any other negligent or intentional misconduct by Customer. V4 retains the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Customer,in which event Customers is required to cooperate in asserting any available defences.
Custom Designed Software
V4 may use custom designed software and scripts to assist in resolving an issue, reporting data system information, or automating a task. Such software may be manufactured by V4 or manufactured by a Third-party (see section titled 'Third-party Software").To the best knowledge of V4, the software is fully licensed and breaks no laws when it is used on a customer's device.
V4 is not responsible for the unlikely scenario of such software causing damage to your device's hardware or software. How the technician proceeds if this occurs is at the discretion of the support technician, supervisor,and/or manager.
V4 may accept End User License Agreements on your behalf - for any V4 designed software.
Oftentimes, V4 will use "third-party software" to assist in resolving an issue. "Third-party software" is software that is not manufactured by V4. Examples of this software are virus and malware removal tools. To the best knowledge of V4, the software is fully licensed and breaks no laws when it is used on a customer's device.
V4 is not responsible for the unlik ely scenario of third-party software causing damage to your device's hardware or software. How the technician proceeds if this occurs is at the discretion of the support technician, supervisor,and/or manager.
V4 may accept End User License Agreements on your behalf - for third party software and any V4 branded software.
V4 uses proprietary remote assistance software to help resolve most customer issues. Remote assistance software allows the technician to remotely control a customer's device to expedite the steps needed to resolve the issue.
This software is fully licensed and breaks no laws when it is used on a customer's device.The software installs a small piece of software on the customer's device. While the software is typically harmless, V4 bears no responsibility for unforeseen negative effects that the software has on the customer's device.
A functioning internet connection is required on the device in which the technician intends to take remote control of. The lack of internet connectivity or a slow internet connection can make remote assistance impossible. In this scenario,the customer will need to follow the technician's instructions to restore the device's internet connection for the purpose of eventual remote control.
The customer bears the right to refuse a remote connection to their device. But the customer must then understand that without remote assistance, resolution of the issue will take longer and require more customer interaction & potentially the need for an on-site technician visit.
V4 also bears the right to refuse service, at its sole discretion, if a customer chooses to refuse a remote assistance connection.
Data Backup and Data Loss
V4 will make their "best effort" to salvage and secure any important data on a customer's device or notify the customer of a situation where data may be lost. However,V4 is not responsible for notifying the customer of potential data loss, backing up data, the loss of any data or the failure/inability to retrieve previously backed up data, by V4's Backup solutions & Services or any other method. Unforeseen issues may occur and V4 is not responsible for these situations during the course of our troubleshooting and support process. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that their data is properly backed up before engaging in any support or troubleshooting with V4
Failureto maintain current payment for any data backup services provided by V4 will automatically forfeit access to existing data backups completed by V4's Backup Service. Data backups will be deleted upon cancellation or non-payment of services. The customer does not own perpetual rights to their backed up data. Data is only accessible through the data backup service while the customer is a current, paying data backup service subscriber. V4 will also cease to complete any additional data backups. Any data loss or data backups missed are not the responsibility of V4.
The customer may cancel standard service by giving us a month notice in advance when out of contract. However,cancellation of a service does not necessarily entitle the customer to a refund. From time to time V4 may offer a service option that requires a commitment, either written or verbal,to pay and/or keep the service active for a specific period of time of upto 24 months. Should the customer wish to cancel the Contract at any point during their contract period, an early termination fee of the remainder monthly fee of the contract term would be applicable. Any dispute arising of the contract termination fee should be raised and addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
V4 assurance opt in addition - introduction
To continue delivering an outstanding level of customer experience to our clients, we have now introduced as of 01.07.2018 billing period a new add on service for V4 Clients across the board, termed as “V4 Assurance”.
V4 assurance - description?
When you (the customer) reports a fault with your telephone line or an internet service (Broadband or Fibre), a V4 Advisor would take you through all CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) checks for the first time to identify the fault and help you resolve them. However, if the fault still persists even after all CPE checks have been completed the first time, a fault is reported to Openreach for further investigation.
Where Openreach can’t fix the fault remotely, they will send an engineer out to the local exchange, and in most cases, to the customer site as well. However, if the cause of the fault is located within the customer property or within the customer apparatus after the NTE (Fault investigation results) which is ascertained by the Openreach Engineer, a charge for the engineer visit is levied to V4 telecom by Openreach which
is then passed on to the end user (Openreach Engineer Visits cost anywhere between £150 - £250 ex VAT), a cost we reluctantly pass on to you, the customer, since we get charged by Openreach.
If you (the customer), has opted in to be on the V4 Assurance monthly service add on at the Minimal monthly fee of £1.99 ex VAT per month (Effective 01.08.2018), this changes to £2.99 ex VAT for Clients with Phone Lines & £3.99 ex VAT per month for clients with phone lines & broadband or fibre broadband services) per CLI, V4 Telecom will absorb the cost of such Engineer charges incurred for you. This does however, exclude any other fees like a missed appointments charge (the penalty cost when you miss a pre agreed booked appointment with an Openreach Engineer), any time related labour charges or any extra material costs, which may have been provided by the onsite engineer & then is passed onto your monthly bill as it’s a part of the V4 Assurance addition.
Please be advised that irrespective of being on a V4 Assurance service on your monthly bill, you will still be required to complete all CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) checks the first time with alternate equipment as advised by a V4 Advisor, before it is escalated to an engineer being booked in for fault investigation.” V4 Assurance is valid only for Line and broadband issues, V4 Assurance do not cover any hardware / system issues.
Acceptance or cancellation of costs & our terms of business
Upon utilization of one or more of the services offered by V4, the customer automatically accepts all the terms and policies detailed in this document & our terms of business as detailed on V4’s website at v4telecom.co.uk. The Customer bears the right to refuse payment for the services, but V4 then bears the right to refuse the supply of such services to the eligible account. V4 maintains the highest level of security compliance internally as well as in external relationships via ongoing audits as per usual when you choose to opt in to this service.
As a Customer, you have the right to cancel your opt in to this service without any penalty within 30 days of being notified via your monthly V4 Invoice or via electronic mail, text or any other means of communication as maybe relevant to your V4 Account. You can choose to cancel the opt in to this addition service to your monthly account from V4 by
A.Email us at: email@example.com
B. Phoning our Customer Services Team at: 0800-038-5495
C.Live chat as on V4 Website
D. Once the 30 days is over, this addition is applied to your account each month from V4 over a 24 months term, & early termination fee of monthly addition costs times the remaining term left at the time is payable immediately.